Restore backup files from other DB (not a true clone)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Restore backup files from other DB (not a true clone)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Catlin
    Participant

I made backups of my former WordPress site a couple of years ago before I switched over to Squarespace. Their blogging capabilities are not good, so I’ve switched back to hosting on a Managed WP server (both staging and production). As of late Sept 2020, I have the latest version of UpdraftPlus Premium. I assume I cannot use the “Restore” function because my new site has a different database name.

Is there any way to import my backup files to the new, clean WP site without it being a “true” migration (not cloned)? Are there special tips or tricks in using either “Restore” or “Migrate” or am I doomed to start from scratch?

John Catlin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    John Catlin
    Participant

Never mind, I figured it out. I had not yet refreshed the plugin’s page. Once I did, I saw that I could indeed “migrate” the previous site’s backups.

Bryle Crodua

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay.

I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore backup files from other DB (not a true clone)’ is closed to new replies.