Restore Failing – Could not extract file from archive – ZERO LENGTH FILES

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Restore Failing – Could not extract file from archive – ZERO LENGTH FILES

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bob
    Participant

I suspect there is a problem with the way zero length files are handled in file extract to restore from backup.

I have been attempting to restore files. I get this message “Error message: Could not extract file from archive.” I repeated the backup process to generate a different file and it failed at the same point in the restore.

When I look at the file that cannot be extracted, it is a zero length file. When I remove the file from the .zip file and attempt it again, the restore continues until it hits a different zero length file. If I just unzip the files into appropriate directory, from a command line, they extract as expected.

Would you take a look at this on your end ?

Bob

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Bob,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest restoration log where this issue occurred?
    This log can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the site via FTP.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore Failing – Could not extract file from archive – ZERO LENGTH FILES’ is closed to new replies.