Restore to local test server?

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Christophe.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christophe
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the paid version of Updraft Plus. Is it possible to make an online backup of my web site and then to restore it to a local test server on my development machine?

Thanks,

Christophe

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe,

Yes, certainly; see here for how to do it: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

David

Christophe
    Participant

Hi David,

I am not able to successfully install the premium version of Updraft plus on my local server/development machine. Here’s the error message I get when I try to upload the Premium plugin:

https://screencast.com/t/zygdH65B

Do I need to use the free version of UpdraftPlus on my development machine?

Thanks,

Christophe

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe,

That message is coming from WordPress, not from UpdraftPlus. It’s shown when WordPress thinks you are trying to do something that you are not authorised to do. It indicates that WordPress is not correctly installed (perhaps the file permissions are wrong), or that your logged-in user lacks the required permissions to install plugins.

David

Christophe
    Participant

Hi David,

Ok, thanks for the info, I’ll investigate this problem in WordPress.

Christophe

Christophe
    Participant

Hi David,

I found the culprit, I had to increase the post_max_size setting in the php.ini file located in the apache/bin directory.

Didn’t know there were two php.ini files.

After updating the file and restarting Apache I was able to upload the UpdraftPlus premium plugin on my local development WordPress installation.

Best regards,

Christophe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore to local test server?’ is closed to new replies.