SFTP timing out when changing port

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin SFTP timing out when changing port

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    guido5
    Participant

Hello,

I just bought the SFTP plugin to backup my WP to my Synology NAS via SFTP.

When using common port 22 it works good – but there a a lot of unwnted “visitors” trying to hack my synology when forwarding port 22 in my router.

So I tried to change the SFTP port at my synology, forwarded the new port to my synology in my router and of course changed the port in the UpdraftPlus Plugin in wordpress.

But now your plugin is not able to connect anymore – connection is timing out (error 110).
    Trying to connect using FileZilla or an other FTP application is working with the changed port! So there should be no firewall issue.

Changing back to port 22 works again – but the “visitors” are back too…

What can I do?

Thank you!

guido5
    Participant

Anyone?

I just bought a plugin that is not working as suggested….

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please could you check the access logs for NAS? Is there a record of connection from your site by UpdraftPlus when the post is changed?

Best Wishes,
    David N

guido5
    Participant

Hi,

no, there are no incomming connections when ports are changed.

thanks

Guido

technik10
    Participant

Exact same problem here. Backup worked just fine, until we changed the standart port number 22 to something else.

David, any suggestions?

Regards, Manuel

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Manuel,

Please could you check the access logs for the SFTP server? Are any incoming connections registered?

If not, please could you also check any outgoing firewalls, in case the connection is being blocked there?

Best Wishes,
    David N

technik10
    Participant

Hi David

I already found out that the hoster is blocking outgoing traffic unfortunately. Sorry for the hassle.

Regards, Manuel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘SFTP timing out when changing port’ is closed to new replies.