Simplifying Installing Updraft

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Vanessa.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Danny Leonard
    Participant

Hello,

I deploy a LOT of WordPress instances and setting each install up is quite time consuming.
    I’m working on a way of simplifying the process.

So far, I’ve created a basic install with all the plugins I want pre-installed, copied the wp-content/plugins folder to a zip file and when I deploy a new WordPress site, all I have to do is unzip the ‘plugins’ zip file, login to the new WordPress site and activate the plugins.

In the case of Updraft, I know that I need to associate the plugin with an account.
    At the moment, when I connect Updraft to my account, in the Updraft Admin Portal it shows the URL of the new install, if I was to install Updraft on a test site, setup the basic settings as needed then export the plugins directory and deploy it on another site, when I login to my Updraft admin portal, will it show the URL of the new domain as a new install or would it show duplicates as in it’s been installed on 2 sites with the same name?

Does that make sense?
    Thanks

Danny Leonard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Vanessa

Hi,

The plugin should take the site URL from the new site so you should not see two sites with the same name

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Simplifying Installing Updraft’ is closed to new replies.