Sub-folders for each automatic backup

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Sub-folders for each automatic backup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dizajner.fr
    Participant

Hello,

I have just taken out a premium licence. I want to keep my automatic backups on a google drive. For the moment my google drive is connected and receives backups in a personalized folder.

However, I would like to make sub-folders for each automatic backup. For example, if I make a monthly backup, I would like all the zips for the current month to be stored in a Backup/December folder, then Backup/January and so on.

Is it possible to do this? Because it’s a mess if I have 10 zips per backup and everything gets mixed up from month to month.

Thanks

dizajner.fr
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

If you store your backups in Google Drive storage, we recommend that you use premium so you can store the backup for each site in its own Google Drive sub-folder. Make sure you do this for each of your website to avoid issues. This is done by filling the “Google Drive Folder” field.

Regards,
    Bryle

dizajner.fr
    Participant

Hello,

I have the premium version. My backup is for a single site. I just want each iteration/scheduled backup to be saved in its own sub-folder.

For example, the backup of :
    – December 2022 to be in the folder Backup/2022/December,
    – January 2023 to be in the folder Backup/2023/January,
    – February 2023 to be in the folder Backup/2023/February,
    – and so on…

Is it possible to do this?

Cheers

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

I’m afraid UpdraftPlus does not have an option to be able to do that. UpdraftPlus will save all the backups under the “wp-content/updraft” folder and will be labeled with the date.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sub-folders for each automatic backup’ is closed to new replies.