Tables after migratio

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dan
    Participant

After migrating, the number of tables in the database of the new site is nearly double the tables in the original site. Is this normal?

dan
    Participant

Actually, its more than double. 104 in original, 215 in new site

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Did you migrate the website on a fresh WordPress install?

Regards,
    Bryle

dan
    Participant

Not sure I understand exactly what youre asking – but, I actually did it in reverse of what I will be doing in the future. This time I migrated from a real domain to a system domain. Future will be from system (staging site) to live site.
    For this initial migration, I created the staging site (system domain) then migrated to it

dan
    Participant

Screen shot of where table name changes. Both sets have about half the tables in the database. those beginning with yo4g are the same as from migrated site.

hmmmm…how do i attach pic?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies, please use an online tool like https://prnt.sc/ and copy the link here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

dan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dan
    Participant

Anything happening with this??

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please could you also send us a copy of the restoration log for the migration?
    This can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the new site, via FTP or your filemanager.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

dan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies, the log file that you sent appears to a backup log, rather than the staging site’s restoration log.
    Please could you send us any log files from the staging site’s ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory?

Also, please could you check the staging site’s wp-config file for which database prefix it is currently using?
    Tables with this prefix should be the only tables the staging site is accessing, and the others can be removed (as long as no other sites are sharing the database).

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Tables after migratio’ is closed to new replies.