The error reported by S3 was: Access Denied

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin The error reported by S3 was: Access Denied

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Updraft plus stopped working with Amazon S3 after I upgraded the Updraft plus plugin today.

I upgraded to version Version: 2.12.8.22 and it backed properly just before the update ran, now after the update I get this error “The error reported by S3 was: Access Denied”.

This error is coming up on all my sites that I updated when I try to run backup.
    I haven’t changed anything on S3.
    Not sure if its me or a bug was introduced in the latest update.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you paste a copy of the bucket policy you have for that bucket, and indicate what region the bucket is in? Then we can attempt to reproduce it.

The last UD release contains an updated version of Amazon’s SDK, which appears to require slightly different bucket permissions. If you can post the policy and region, then hopefully we’ll be able to reproduce it and work it out.

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

This issue should be resolved in the just-released UpdraftPlus 2.12.9 – please update, and try again.

David

Michael
    Participant

I David,

Thanks for your prompt help with this!
    The update fixed the issue, S3 is working as expected.

Thank you,

Mike

Barnabas
    Participant

Hi,

I have Version 2.12.9.22 installed and I still get errors backing up to S3. Nothing has changed on S3 bucket. Thank you.

0013.135 (0) Saving backup history. Total backup size: 65.1 MB
    0013.158 (0) Requesting upload of the files that have not yet been successfully uploaded (6)
    0013.176 (0) Cloud backup selection (1/1): s3 (last)
    0013.179 (0) Beginning dispatch of backup to remote (s3)
    0013.675 (0) S3 Error: Failed to create bucket xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    0013.679 (0) An error condition has occurred for the first time during this job

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Barnabas,

Please can you link the entire log file, and also paste a copy of your IAM user policy for the AWS access key that you’re using in your configuration? Best also to open a new forum topic, as Michael doesn’t need to get copies of these further posts.

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘The error reported by S3 was: Access Denied’ is closed to new replies.