The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

I have tried repeatedly to submit this as a support ticket… CloudFlare blocks me each time. So frustrating. Also, why does a logged in paying customer have to enter their name and email address and go find and type in their order number? I have a hunch you guys might know a computer programmer who can bring your support system into the 1990’s…

I can’t even type a description here and submit without CloudFlare blocking. I guess that’s one way to keep bug reports away… Please advise how to contact support.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Steven,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

You can unblock your IP address here – https://updraftplus.com/unblock-ip-address/
    Or submit a ticket using this form – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Regards,
    Bryle

Steven
    Participant

Please clarify. Access to this site is restricted at the firewall to control access to its content. Are you saying that you are trying to access the site and can’t get through or that you see something in the information I posted suggesting that the site can’t access itself?  

if the first, I can’t grant you access but I can collaborate to figure it out and can screen share if that will help.

If the later, I tested that with curl requests from the command line and it worked fine. Also, other plugins that communicate with themselves are working fine, including WordFence which is particularly picky about that.

Please clarify or advise what other information you need or tests I should perform. 

Steve  

Steven
    Participant

Oh, I just realized this might have been concerning the CloudFlare block. The strange thing is that I did post the above and it went through but prior attempts to post that included a description of the problem get blocked. The blocking seems selective based on content and I would expect that technical support sites get content that specifically describes server configurations and error messages…

Steven
    Participant

Concerning this ticket – just confirming that I did reply to the email this morning with details of the issue and log files attached. I don’t know if you guys will be adding them from your end, but if someone reviews this ticket and does not see them, please check the email or let me know to resend.

Steven
    Participant

My issue:

I am unable to restore the uploads on my site. The restore process successfully downloads all 12 zip files from S3 to the /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/updraft/ folder but then when it begins to extract files it fails with “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.” error. I can unzip all files to the correct path from the command line, so that seems to confirm my permissions are fine and unzip works on this server. I also forced reset of all file attributes/permissions and ownership but it made no difference. What do you advise?

Based on other troubleshooting exchanges I found online, I also confirmed that I can add a new theme and I can update other plugins. Backups also work just fine.

I sent a zip file containing the following files – please advise if you did not receive it:
    * Screen shot of the error
    * Copy of the restore log are both attached.
    * Copy of php information report
    * WordPress site health report

Bryle Crodua

Hi Steven,

I can see that my colleague has already responded to the ticket you opened through the customer support form.
    Please reply through that ticket to help resolve the problem.

Regards,
    Bryle

Steven
    Participant

And yet I have no way to check the status of that support ticket or any response to acknowledge the log files I sent were received or to offer any solutions.

Restoring a backup is the ONLY REASON why anyone pays for a backup software… I hoped for a better support response. If this were a mission critical system we’d be in a real bad place by now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The site is experiencing technical difficulties.’ is closed to new replies.