There has been a critical error on this website.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin There has been a critical error on this website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Colin Blunt
    Participant

Hi I’ve tried a number of things, from completely dropping wordpress database and wordpress files, and recreated, then adding plugins and restore, repeated back to the last known working backup set, but no luck.

I did try last night only restoring everything except the database and wordpress kept working, but, as usual over tiredness got the better of me.

These are the log files requested;

<script src=”https://pastebin.com/embed_js/5BBQLN74″></script&gt;

<script src=”https://pastebin.com/embed_js/KqK7e9nh”></script&gt;

<script src=”https://pastebin.com/embed_js/YSkSZmsy”></script&gt;

Colin Blunt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Colin Blunt
    Participant

OK a bit of progress, I can manually drop the wordpress database, re-create it and rebuild WordPress installation files. Then I successful get to the main WordPress screen. I can add plug-ins but when I try to active PHP MyAdmin I get the error message “There has been a critical error on this website.” white page.

So I repeated the above and left out the PHP MyAdmin plugin, I’ve added in the ones I remember using and they activate properly.
    I’ve tried to restore from the UpdraftPlus but nothing I try seems to work.

I have manually opened the backup files copied out the database backup script and run it again MySQL marinaDB Workpress and the site still works but, I can not see any pages, I don’t have posts only pages?

If I am understanding WordPress correctly these are stored in db tables.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for providing the logs.

From this log https://pastebin.com/KqK7e9nh it shows that the restoration was successful.
    The “There has been a critical error on this website” error could be from one of your plugins and as you mentioned it seems like PHP MyAdmin plugin.
    If you activate all other except that plugin is everything working fine?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Colin Blunt
    Participant

The problem I found with the restore was I couldn’t pick and choose which Plug-ins to restore it just asked to check plug-ins, themes etc

I am certain that I had yesterday dropped database, rebuild wordpress, and only added the plugins other than PHP MyAdmin, then I did the restore and checked all boxes other than plugins. No Luck with that either.

I have time today and I will rebuild the MicroSD and start from scratch only restoring with out plugin checked and let you know the outcome.

Colin Blunt
    Participant

OK so I’ve completed rebuilt the MicroSD card done the updates installed Apache2 PHP (the default 7.3) MySQL Marian DB and WordPress, when I run the Plugin UpdraftPlus all went well until I put my remote folder for the OneDrive backups and clicked the link to activate that, the Microsoft authentication came up but once completed rather than the usual click to go back to UpdaftPlus plugin setting I get the WordPress screen bottom right frameset I get a white screen with
    “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.”

I was still able to click on Plugins from the left Frameset Menu bar, it had a right circle with 1 in it. That has opened the right Frameset showing the plugins iwth out error, UpdatePlus wants and update. Doing the update and that has come back with a blue and green highlighted backgroud advising Green Tick Updated.

Clicking settings I get a Right prompt;
    Warning: Your web server’s PHP installation does not included a required (for OneDrive) module (Curl). Please contact your web hosting provider’s support and ask for them to enable it.

So I’ll do that now.
    sudo apt install php7.3-curl

I didn’t get any error and it came back to the $ prompt but I’m still getting the warning message.

I clicked rescan remote storage and got a pop up
    PHP Fatal error (Error) has occurred during rescan subaction. Error Message: Call to undefined function Onedrive\curl_init() (Code: 0, line 63 in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/includes/onedrive/client.php)

O.K. so a sudo reboot and that wanting about PHP Curl missing has gone.

Rescan Remote Storage and I can see my backup sets.
    Walk through the full restore to the end and this is what I got;
    “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.”

Colin Blunt
    Participant

Yes Success,
    I dropped the db again recreated it did the privileges etc.
    Because I still had the Left Menu bar on WordPress, I was able to go into the plugins, I delete as you suggested the mySQL Admin

Updated the UpdraftPlus as it wanted to and went the restore process without the plugins checked.

This worked :-)

Colin Blunt
    Participant

So manybe as a suggestion a selective restore of what plugins you want etc is needed?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Colin,

Glad you were able to successfully restore the site.
    I’m afraid selective restore is currently not supported. In cases like this, you can manually restore the plugins by extracting the zip file and upload the wanted plugins only to the “wp-content” folder. Then you can restore the rest of the components using UpdraftPlus.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘There has been a critical error on this website.’ is closed to new replies.