Trouble Creating A Clone WordPress Site

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Trouble Creating A Clone WordPress Site

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hi, I recently purchased Updraft and have been trying to use it to create a staging WordPress site. I followed all the instructions in the FAQ and all the files seem to be transferred to the cloned site but all I get at the front end is an error 404 message your page cannot be found and I can’t open the site inside WordPress anymore. I have tried unsuccessfully to do this 3 times now and the same thing has happened every time.
    I would very much appreciate some help, please. The front end of the staging site was visible on the web before I cloned the files over from my original site and when it was simply an empty WordPress site.

Kind Regards,
    Anne

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Anne,

Please could you send us a copy of the migration log?
    This can be found via FTP in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Anne
    Participant

Hi David,
    Did you receive the files I sent you last week?
    Kind Regards,
    Anne

Anne
    Participant

Hi David,
    here is the link to the log file again in case you missed in the first time
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn33jum51pgs9n4/log.13f38345bdca.txt?dl=0
    Kind Regards,
    Anne

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Anne,

Apologies, it seems that your original post did not come through.

I’m afraid that the log that you sent appears to be a backup log rather than the migration restoration log. Could you send me a link to any other logs you can find from around the time of the migration?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Anne
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Anne,

Could you please access your site via FTP, and find the ‘wp-content/plugins/wp-force-ssl’ directory? Please can you rename this directory, and attempt to access WP Admin?

This should deactivate that plugin. SSL plugins can cause errors such as these after migration.
    Does this give you access?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Anne
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you so much, it work perfectly!!

Kind Regards,
    Anne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble Creating A Clone WordPress Site’ is closed to new replies.