Unsuccessful Backup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elijah.okagbare
    Participant

Hi,

So I’ve been trying to back-up my company WordPress site to Google Drive for the last few days with no luck. I’ve made numerous attempts and every time, after about a couple of hours I get the message “The backup attempt has finished, apparently unsuccessfully (Oct 11 16:34:43)” I’m not sure what is causing this but it is EXTREMELY frustrating. Please help.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?

This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

elijah.okagbare
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Regards,
    Bryle

elijah.okagbare
    Participant

Success!! Thanks Bryle!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Great! Please feel free to open a new thread if you encounter any issues.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Unsuccessful Backup’ is closed to new replies.