UpdraftClone – remotesend ERROR 404 (Multi-Site)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin UpdraftClone – remotesend ERROR 404 (Multi-Site)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Rudolph
    Participant

I am getting the following error whenever I attempt to clone my Multi-Site install with UpdraftClone.

“remotesend: ERROR (Exception)” “Failed to upload file: Unexpected HTTP response code (404)”

Remote backup to Google Cloud works fine through UpdraftPlus Backup, but UpdraftClone fails on remotesend. UpdraftClone does create the clone and generates local backup files, but for some reason fails when attempting to send those files to the cloud with the error above. I have attempted to clone to both the New York and San Francisco sites – both result in the same errors.

Stephen Rudolph
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    Please copy the content into an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

Stephen Rudolph
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sending the log. I can’t seem to find the issue from the log.

Just to clarify, the backup you are trying to clone is in your Google Cloud storage?
    Or is this what you are trying to do? Please see video – https://youtu.be/V5bgzy94-Sk

Thanks,
    Bryle

Stephen Rudolph
    Participant

The previous link posted was from the last full backup (to Google Cloud) as requested, not the clone attempt. Please see the log here for the clone attempt from the latest backup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppnnaeby9o8tgjf/log.0fdcdaed6880.txt?dl=0

As mentioned, it fails at “remotesend”.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Bryle Crodua

Hi Stephen,

Thank you!

That error is usually caused by a firewall on the receiving site’s server blocking the connection. You will need to ask your hosts if this is the case and to allow the connection.

Regards,
    Bryle

Stephen Rudolph
    Participant

Bryle –

The receiving site is UpdraftClone. This same cloning process worked prior to moving to Multisite, so it does not make sense that it is a firewall issue on our end. What other causes can result in that error?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Bryle Crodua

Hi Stephen,

Do you have any security plugins installed on your website? or on your server like Cloudflare?

Regards,
    Bryle

Stephen Rudolph
    Participant

I switched back to single site mode disabling multi-site, and the cloning process had no issues with the remotesend. We are going to abandon the multi-site path at this point as it appears to introduce too many problems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘UpdraftClone – remotesend ERROR 404 (Multi-Site)’ is closed to new replies.