UpdraftPlus Creating multiple folders with same name in Google Drive

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin UpdraftPlus Creating multiple folders with same name in Google Drive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    support351
    Participant

I paid for a premium version of UpdraftPlus and have it installed on about 80 sites. The problem I’m having is that UpdraftPlus keeps creating Multiple folders named UpdraftPlus in Google drive so now I have 5 folders each with 80 other folders in them. Now instead of having one folder where backups are stored the backups are spread over many folders. One issue with this is that since the backup is not in the same folder it does not delete the old one like it should. So I end up with months and months worth of backup for multiple sites with the old backups not getting removed as they should. I contacted support a while back and the only response I received was well try to update the plugin. That is unacceptable and I’m pretty sure that won’t fix this issue. Does anyone know:

1. Why is this happening
    2. What is the permanent solution to keep this from happening moving forward? If this isn’t fixed I will have to switch to another backup system. I do not like clutter and certainly don’t want additional space being used on my Drive account because of a faulty plugin.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. This can happen if there is poor network connectivity in between your webserver and Google Drive; if all attempts to gather information on any existing folders fail, then UpdraftPlus, instead of simply aborting the whole backup, assumes that no existing folder exists, and requests a new one.

2. Our next release has new code to, after a backup to Google Drive successfully finishes, detect multiple folders, and merge them.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘UpdraftPlus Creating multiple folders with same name in Google Drive’ is closed to new replies.