Uploads folder duplicated in Others.zip

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Uploads folder duplicated in Others.zip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pádraig
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve just purchased the premium version and started using the plugin. When I do a backup it works fine but the uploads folder is duplicated in others.zip. This is an issue for me because my uploads for the past six years, including video, comes to 3gb. In settings I have “Any other directories found inside wp-content” ticked. Is the solution to just exclude the uploads folder here? On reading the manual I didn’t think that uploads was meant to be duplicated in others.zip. Just checking that my solution will still give me a safe and complete backup.

Thanks,

Pádraig

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The uploads directory is meant to be excluded by default from the Others backup.

Could you send a link to your backup log file? This will contain more information on what is happening.

You can copy and paste the contents into a service such as pastebin, then link to that content.

Alternatively, you can send the log as an attachment through the customer support form.

Best Wishes,
    David

Pádraig
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks for your prompt reply and email support. Just posting the solution here for the benefit of other users. In the WP Dashboard > Media > Settings menu my uploads url was set manually to wp-content/uploads/ instead of the default wp-content/uploads

I just had to delete this, save settings, and the restore worked as expected. David has also tweaked the next release of UpdraftPlus to remove any trailing slash when using the configured uploads directory, so that will also fix it into the future. :-)

Thanks for the great support!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Uploads folder duplicated in Others.zip’ is closed to new replies.