Where are local backups stored?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New england
    Participant

When I go into Settings –> Backup/Restore and click “Rescan local folder for new backup sets,” it shows 5 backup sets. But when I look at public_html/wp-content/updraft from C-Panel, which is where I thought they were stored, I don’t see them. Is that not the right directory? Or why doesn’t re-scanning come up empty?

The issue is that I’m hitting my quota on the server and I don’t need all the local ones since I’m backing up to the Updraft Vault, so I could gain some headroom by deleting the local ones, but only if they’re really there!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Local Backups are stored in “wp-content/updraft” folder of your local server.

Regards,
    Bryle

New england
    Participant

Yes, I know, thanks. I’m trying to figure out why I’m still seeing backup sets when I check from inside the plugin, but when I look in the directory in my FTP client, it’s empty. Not a crisis, but I’m hitting some local storage limits so I’m trying to eliminate big files that I don’t need. I’m guessing the sets have actually been deleted but the status in the plugin hasn’t cleared. Is that a thing that can happen? I don’t think I deleted them from outside the plugin but I suppose that’s one way it could occur.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Where are local backups stored?’ is closed to new replies.