wp-cli Full Backup

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

I am trying to run a Full Backup using wp-cli. I am running the command shown in the documentation here: https://updraftplus.com/wp-cli-updraftplus-documentation/

This is my command:

wp updraftplus backup –include-files= “plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore”

I get this message when I run it in ssh:
    Error: Too many positional arguments: -include-files=plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore

When I run this: wp updraftplus backup it works fine, but I need a full backup and this ran a DB backup.

So does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks for the help.

pbaldha

Hi Jan,

Our documentation have an issue in an example. We are correcting it now. Kindly accept apologies for inconvenience from my side.

You should try wp updraftplus backup -–include-files= "plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore" instead of wp updraftplus backup –include-files= "plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore". In short, You should use double dash -- instead of -.

Thank you very much,
    Prashant

Jan
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I tried the double dash and I still get the same message.
    Here’s my command: wp updraftplus backup —include-files= “plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore”

I figured out to get this to show as — in this post I have to use 3 dash’s.

Thanks.

pbaldha

Hi Jan,

There is space after —include-files= in your command, so you are facing the issue.

Can you please run the command: wp updraftplus backup --include-files="plugins,themes,uploads,wpcore".

I have tested this command in my test environment and it is working fine.

Thank You,
    Prashant

Jan
    Participant

OK I got this to work. But, there is no wp-content folder in any of the zip files, so there’s something missing somewhere. I looked in each of the zip files. I have db, others, plugins, themes, uploads, wpcore, but none of those files contains wp-content. Basically themes, plugins, uploads, and others is just in the domains folder instead of the wp-content folder.

Can you tell me why or what I’m missing?

Thanks.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The backup files do not contain a copy of the ‘wp-content’ folder itself, as UpdraftPlus assumes that this will be in place when restored.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘wp-cli Full Backup’ is closed to new replies.