WPBakery Page Builder elements not migrated/cloned

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin WPBakery Page Builder elements not migrated/cloned

• This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by Benjamin Kennington.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

Hello, I recently bought the migrator and ran it last night to clone a site and it said it completed but the pages that had WPbakery pages built are showing only as a wordpress classic text box. How do I restore the wpbakery elements to the new site or copy them with the migrator?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

Thank you for replying. I need to figure this out soon as possible. I didn’t realize it could take over 24 hours to get a reply from the paid support. If you can help me that would be great. Here are the log files:
    https://teamkennington.syncedtool.com/shares/folder/5193c2bd194528/

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for sending the migration log.

I can see that the restoration was indeed successful. There were no errors and warnings during the process.
    Please can you provide us a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Regards,
    Bryle

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

Hello,
    If you read my original post I did not mention any errors I stated “it completed but the pages that had WPbakery pages built are showing only as a wordpress classic text box”. In the original site there are several wpbakery element on many pages. This was part of the original theme I used. In the migrated site or new site the pages show as a single block of text, they do not show the elements.

I created two screenshots and uploaded them to the same link above. Just follow the link again and you will see the two jpegs. The OG jpeg is the OG site that displays WPBakery elements. The post.migration jpeg shows a block of text in a classic block and the WPBakery page builder is blank. Hopefully the screenshots will explain better.

Why did this migrate like this and how do I fix it? As is- it’s unusable and I’m looking for another program if I can’t get this to work.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Sorry, you cannot attach the files here. However, you can use online tools like https://prnt.sc/ to take a screenshot and paste the link here. Alternatively, you can upload the screenshots to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

WHAT? Seriously this would go much faster if you actually read my post. I have no idea what you are talking about. I did not attach files here. If you read the post I said “I created two screenshots and uploaded them to the same link above.” And if you look at the first post where you collected the logs, I gave you the link that you already verified was working. If you go to https://teamkennington.syncedtool.com/shares/folder/5193c2bd194528/ then you will see the screenshots are saved there as well as the logs. You already checked the logs – it’s the same link.

Is there anyone out there that understand my post and can help me??? This days of back and forth email when people don’t even read is a waste of time for me. I have not gotten one single step closer to resolving this. I took all this time to collect the screenshots and save them for you and you don’t even spend the time to read what I wrote you.

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

Someone please tell me if there is a fix or if I should just request a refund

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies and thank you for the screenshots.

Would you be able to provide us access to your website so I can check first hand?

Regards,
    Bryle

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

I don’t know if this post is public or not so email me from an address that I can reply to for the login information.

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

Please?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You can set your reply as private. The option can be found just below the message box.

Regards,
    Bryle

Benjamin Kennington
    Participant

forget it. I resolved the problem on my own. Since no one offered any help here I will not be posting the fix. The support for this plugin really sucks. planning on asking for a refund.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘WPBakery Page Builder elements not migrated/cloned’ is closed to new replies.