WTH!? Unlimited no longer means unlimited…

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin WTH!? Unlimited no longer means unlimited…

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ralf.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jimmy
    Participant

Disappointed to see that the plan I’ve had for years, Premium-Unlimited, is now Agency, and is limited to 35 sites. Very underhanded. As it is due for renewal, imagine my surprise to see that the previous renewal rate for the Unlimited Plan has jumped from $87 US to $117 US. What the heck!? Not to mention that, despite currently being under 35 sites, its the principle that I have understood for years that my plan allowed for as many sites as I could cram in there. Extremely deceptive… I feel as though I am being forced into downgrading my Premium Unlimited Plan to a Premium Unlimited Plan that is limited in order to maintain the previous renewal rate. Bad business.

Larissa
    Participant

Mhm,
    I also don’t like that. Beside that it is still not too expensive, it is disappointing. And we all think about to change to another service and would it only to show that we are disappointed.
    I asked if they will rising prices that way each year now …
    The answer was that I easily can downgrade to the 35 sites plan to stay in the price. Not nice.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Jimmy and Ralf,

Apologies for the confusion.

We have already changed our pricing tier since last year. As a result, the Developer package (now called ‘Agency’ no longer includes unlimited licenses (now 35 licenses). For unlimited licenses, we now offer the Enterprise package.

We have published an article about the change in tier prices here – https://updraftplus.com/new-product-names-new-pricing-for-35-sites-new-features/

Regards,
    Bryle

Ralf
    Participant

Thanks, Bryle,
    there is no news in that post. You placed that Agency package in place of the old unlimited and a new unlimited on top of that.
    Beside that is fully legal to do, it might generate some not so nice feelings in people who had an unlimited service for the old price. In fact, we have to pay a lot more for the same service.
    Next step might be to bring up a 70 sites package and make unlimited even more expensive …
    Better business is to keep the service that some long-time-customers had at the same price for them and only raise the price for new customers. By that, you keep those long-time-customers loyal and get more money from those who don’t even know what services you had before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WTH!? Unlimited no longer means unlimited…’ is closed to new replies.