ZIP Warning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iwaddo
    Participant

Hi, I have just moved my site to a new host and the I run Updraft I receive the following Warning. It I only a Warning so the backup completes but I am wondering whether there is anything I can do to remove the Warning. The Warning is coming from the below section of the log.

Thank you for your help.

0000.168 (0) Checking if we have a zip executable available
    0000.171 (0) Testing: /usr/bin/zip
    0000.175 (0) Output: zip warning: binziptest/test.zip not found or empty
    0000.178 (0) Output: adding: binziptest/subdir1/ (in=0) (out=0) (stored 0%)
    0000.179 (0) Output: adding: binziptest/subdir1/subdir2/ (in=0) (out=0) (stored 0%)
    0000.181 (0) Output: adding: binziptest/subdir1/subdir2/test.html (in=131) (out=107) (deflated 18%)
    0000.186 (0) Output: total bytes=131, compressed=107 -> 18% savings
    0000.191 (0) Output: adding: binziptest/subdir1/subdir2/test2.html (in=138) (out=113) (deflated 18%)
    0000.192 (0) Output: total bytes=269, compressed=220 -> 18% savings
    0000.202 (0) Working binary zip found: /usr/bin/zip
    0000.209 (0) Zip engine: found/will use a binary zip: /usr/bin/zip
    0000.212 (0) Creation of backups of directories: beginning

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Happy New Year!

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?

This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

iwaddo
    Participant

Bryle

The full backup log can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi1aexzuqbzd9w2/log.a0c98fe23bcf.txt?dl=0

Thank you for your help

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows:
    “0665.756 (2) The attempt to close the zip file returned an error (PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature). List of files we were trying to add follows (check their permissions).”

Can you make sure that there is more than enough space on your local server for the backup to be created? This FAQ may help you understand better on how much resources UpdraftPlus needs – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-much-resources-does-updraftplus-need/

Also could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 50Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

iwaddo
    Participant

Bryle

Thank you, I think this is a space issue. I have sufficient space for my site but it is using >60% of the total available so I estimate there is not enough room for the local backup to be prepared before uploading.

Is there a way I can set Updraft to backup some files, upload these files to Google Drive then delete the local zip and to then do the next chunck so that it does not run out of local disk space?

Thank you for your help.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

First, you will need to check the “Delete local backups” option from UpdraftPlus > Settings tab. So when the backup is stored on remote storage it will delete the local backups on the local server.

Next, you can run a backup that will only backup your “Uploads” component. Then you can run a different process for the other components (DB, themes, plugin, others).

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ZIP Warning’ is closed to new replies.