Best way of migrating site to existing domain

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Best way of migrating site to existing domain

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mary-ann
    Participant

I have a WordPress site (old version of WP, themes & plugins) attached to a domain and a test site (new updated version of WP, Themes & plugins) which is located on a subdomain of that domain. I want to be able to migrate the WP test site to the main domain. What is the best way of doing this using UpdraftPlus and with the least amount of downtime.

I have the paid version with the migrator.

Mary-ann
    Participant

What I need to know really is do I need to completely delete all of the old WP current files inside the main domain’s root folder (and thereby bring the site down) before I migrate the new site across using the Updraftplus backup I made inside the subdomain test site.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

No, you do not need to delete the current files in the main site before migrating. The restoration of the migrated files will move the old versions out of the way automatically.

We have a guide on migrating available here:

How do I migrate to a new site location?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Mary-ann
    Participant

David that is the best news I have heard all day!
    Thanks a ton!
    This is great software and I’m shouting all about the rooftops…

Mary-ann
    Participant

All worked out perfectly. Thanks. :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Best way of migrating site to existing domain’ is closed to new replies.