Don´t find the migrator

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    update-owl
    Participant

Since I can not place screenshots here and do not want to save the screenshots locally first, then upload them to a webspace… it must also go like this. Why is this such a problem with screenshots? this would be helpful for all sites to understand the problem better.

Only I find this here honestly said very complicated and extremely time-consuming.

Since I am not very fluent in English, it is even more difficult, because I always have to use a translator first.

So, now my problem.

I have already looked everywhere. I can’t really find any further help.

I have had an Active All Add-on license for years through my UpdraftPlus premium account.

I have also connected both the staging system and the live system to my account. However, under migrate ( create a copy of the site….) I do not get the desired 3 buttons with “send a backup to another site”. or “Receive a backup from a remote-site”.

I always have a sign there that says.

//////
    Do you want to migrate or clone/duplicate a website?

Also try our “Migrator” extension, which can perform a direct site-to-website migration. Once you use this, you will have saved the purchase price compared to making a copy by hand.

You can find more information here.
    //////

As I said, I have both sites connected to my account. You can also see them both in “My UpdraftCentral”.

I don’t know what to do anymore and I don’t have the time or desire to spend an hour or more time with it.

Maybe I should choose another solution for the next projects. In any case, your approach is anything but user-friendly for me. Very, very complicated!

I have the impression that even though I have a pro-account, you just want to take money from me by giving up and paying again sometime so that I can finally reach my goal. Constantly I am offered a new license everywhere, which I don’t need at all.

BR Heike

update-owl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you want to send screenshots, you can use online tools like https://prnt.sc/ or upload the images to your Dropbox or Google Drive account and share the link here.

Regarding your issue and base on your description, it appears that you have the free version installed. Please make sure you follow our install guide here – https://updraftplus.com/support/installing-updraftplus-premium-your-add-on/. Do not skip step which is to uninstall the free free version and step 2 contain the base file of the premium version.

Regards,
    Bryle

update-owl
    Participant

Also, wie gesagt, ist es für mich zu umständlich, immer alles übersezten zu lassen, dann noch Bilder hochzuladen.

Sie können mir gerne eine Mailadresse nennen, wohin ich mich wenden kann. da schicke ich gerne Screenshots hin. ich werde es aber nirgendwo erst auf meinen PC runterladen, dann auf eine Cloud hochladen, einen Link kreieren und diesen dann hier veröffentlichen. Das hätte ich gerne alles etwas persönlicher.

Bitte schicken Sie mir eine Mailadresse, wo wir uns weiter unterhalten können.

Sie schreiben, ich habe eine Free-Version installiert. Das stimmt auch. Aber wie gesagt, bin ich Developer und betreue nur verschiedene, mir nicht gehörende Webseiten. Da kann ich ja nicht meine Pro-Version drauf spielen, oder?

Haben Sie sonst ggf. auch noch eine deutsche Beschreibung, wie ich das machen soll? mein Englisch ist nicht gut genug.

Gruß Heike

Bryle Crodua
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Heike,

Are you able to provide me access to your website so I can check it for you first hand?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Don´t find the migrator’ is closed to new replies.