Dropbox: Dropbox returned an unexpected HTTP response: 401

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Dropbox: Dropbox returned an unexpected HTTP response: 401

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cyrus
    Participant

hello,
    unfortunately i have received this message:
    Dropbox: Dropbox returned an unexpected HTTP response: 401

I have re authenticated my account with dropbox and have renamed the path from app/UpdraftPlus/ to UpdraftPlus.Com

what else can I do?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Cyrus,

In what context are you receiving this message? During a backup? If so, please link to a copy of the backup log… if otherwise, please link a screenshot.

Renaming the folder shouldn’t be done; it might even be the cause of the problem. In Dropbox, in the “Apps” folder, sub-folders are associated with particular apps; changing the name can upset things if you rename it to take the name of a different app (and the namespace is shared globally, so that’s easy to do).

David

cyrus
    Participant

Hello David,

thank you for your reply! What else should I have done instead of renaming the folder in Dropbox? Somehow Updraft Plus hat the kindness to not allow me to retrieve my backup from the folder I backed up to, which was Apps/UpdraftPlus/ – the software suddenly gave me the “only option” to retrieve backups from /apps/UpdraftPlus.Com/
    This sounds weird, and indeed I was flabbergasted since there was no backup in that non-existing backup folder.

Could you please have the kindness to direct me in a way in which I could retrieve my backups? That would really make my weekend! Kindest regards

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Cyrus,

Does this FAQ article help?
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/dropbox-updraftplus-folder-changed-updraftplus-com/

It doesn’t cover the case of someone manually renaming their old folder to match the new folder, and I’m not sure what complications that may bring in, unfortunately.

You can, however, restore your backup by:
    1) Visiting http://www.dropbox.com
    2) Downloading your backup to your PC
    3) Uploading the backup using the upload widget in the “Existing Backups” tab of UpdraftPlus.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropbox: Dropbox returned an unexpected HTTP response: 401’ is closed to new replies.