General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Reinisteini
    Participant

Hi!
    I purchased Premium yesterday, but never got any kind of email to confirm my purchase. (I purchased through paypal account of my father, may that be the problem?). So I have no number, but did send an email to the paid support with a screenshot of my confirmed order. I had to make up a support number in order to send it, so please do not delete it right away :)

I got me that plugin so I can backup my site before updating to WordPress 3.6. (I´m using WP Multisite) Now it tells me, that I have to update WP first in order to get the Multisite Add on of Updraft.
    I tried already to backup with the free version of updraft – but didn´t receive any files in my dropbox account although there are 2 “Collection available” signs in my Updraft BAckup Setting – Section. I´m currently downloading one of them.

I looked into the log file, and it tells me that there is an dropbox error. See the original text below:

0000.030 (4) Cloud backup selection: dropbox
    0000.033 (4) Beginning dispatch of backup to remote
    0000.033 (4) Dropbox: begin cloud upload
    0000.034 (4) Dropbox: access gained
    0189.035 (4) Dropbox error: exception occurred whilst getting account info: couldn’t connect to host
    0189.036 (4) Dropbox: Attempt to upload: backup_2013-08-11-1344_Reinhard_Steiner_Photography_9a7e8050eadb-plugins.zip to: backup_2013-08-11-1344_Reinhard_Steiner_Photography_9a7e8050eadb-plugins.zip
    0000.000 () Opened log file at time: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 06:41:41 +0000

HELP!!!

Thank you!

– R

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for the purchase! No need to double-post issues – I was just replying to your support ticket; it just creates more work and slows me down if I have to read it twice. If in doubt, just use the forum – then it won’t be subject to possible emails going missing. Check your spam folders! Your order number was 2080 – you can find this in your account by logging in at https://updraftplus.com/my-account/

> Now it tells me, that I have to update WP first in order to get the Multisite Add on of Updraft.

I don’t understand this one – can you send me a screenshot, please? (Use https://snag.gy if it helps). I don’t understand because I’m not aware of any message of that kind which could come from UpdraftPlus itself. There’s a general requirement for WordPress 3.2 – but that’s not just the Multisite add-on – that’s everything. (Though we have some people using 3.1 without problems – we just haven’t tested from before that).

> I looked into the log file, and it tells me that there is an dropbox error. See the original text below:

The error is here:

0189.035 (4) Dropbox error: exception occurred whilst getting account info: couldn’t connect to host

That’s a network connectivity error. When UpdraftPlus initiates the connection to Dropbox, it fails – Dropbox can’t be reached from your webserver. That may be temporary – in which case you should just try again. Or, if it still happens, then you need to contact your web hosting company, because it’s an issue in theri connectivity.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey!
    Thank you for your quick and helpful message!
    Will only post here from now on.
    How can I upload fotos in here? Sorry – very bad newbie you have to deal with here ;-)

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t think the forum allows uploading of photos – use https://snag.gy instead; it’s very easy.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Thank you David!
    Snaggy for some reason didn´t work, but I now knew what to look for, so here´s the screenshot:
    15488166wv.jpg

Reinisteini
    Participant

When I Click on “please update the plugin in order to get it” I´m forwarded to the WP update – Site.
    Of course I bought Updraft in order to BACKUP my site BEFORE I update :)

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Reinhard,

Though it takes you to the WP screen which shows all available updates, you don’t need to install any of them apart from the UpdraftPlus update. i.e. Don’t update WordPress – just update UpdraftPlus. It’s quite safe to do that – it won’t decide to update WP for you if you don’t tell it to.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey!
    I understand what you mean, but unfortunately, I don´t see a Updraftplus – Update at the WP update screen. Only two other plugins can be updated.
    Do I have to update it in my multisite network dashboard or the specific site dashboard?

Here´s a screenshot from my network update screen not showing updraft:

15489914er.jpg

Reinisteini
    Participant

And here´s a screenshot from the specific site I´m trying to install updraft on. I opened the plugin screen to show you that no updraft plugin is visible there either:

15489991fs.jpg

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve sent you an email with a version that you can upload, so that you can escape the troubles of the WP updater! Please check your email.

Best wishes,
    David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey David!
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate.
    And I´m sorry to say, that it didn´t change anything.
    I deleted both plugins (backup & addons), and reinstalled backup through wordpress search and install screen, and afterwards installed the file you sent me for the addons.
    No changes.
    Still telling me that I need to “update the plugin in order to get it”
    no clue…

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin I sent was to be installed *instead* of installing UpdraftPlus through the WordPress search/install screen. Do this:

1) Uninstall UpdraftPlus (leave “Addons” alone)
    2) Install the plugin I sent

That was all – that should then show all your addons as available.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

### Begin System Info ###

Child Theme: N/A

Multi-site: Yes

SITE_URL: https://www.reinhard-steiner.at/photography
    HOME_URL: https://www.reinhard-steiner.at/photography

Headway Version: 3.4.11
    WordPress Version: 3.5.1

PHP Version: 5.3.27
    MySQL Version: 5.1.66
    Web Server Info: Apache
    GD Support: Yes

PHP Memory Limit: 69M
    PHP Post Max Size: 132M

WP_DEBUG: Disabled
    Debug Mode: Disabled

Show On Front: page
    Page On Front: 98
    Page For Posts: 20

Amount of Posts: ~3
    Amount of Pages: ~6
    Amount of Blocks: ~78

Responsive Grid: Enabled

Caching Allowed: Yes
    Caching Plugin: No caching plugin active

SEO Plugin: No SEO plugin active

Operating System: Windows
    Browser: Mozilla Firefox
    Browser Version: 22.0

Full User Agent:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0

WEB FONTS IN USE:
    None

ACTIVE PLUGINS:
    None

### End System Info ###

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you want to email your WP login details to me at [email protected], and then I can install the plugin for you?

Best wishes,
    David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Oh! Sorry!! It worked, David. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
    Really appreaciate your quick response and big help.
    I already am convinced that it was the right desicion to buy updraft :)
    Best
    – R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)’ is closed to new replies.