General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    udadmin
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, thank you!

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey again!
    I now tried to connect the new version of updraft to my dropbox account, but it´s giving me an “Array” error.
    15499018ec.jpg

In the dropbox section of updraft it says that “You appear to be already authenticated” but nothing is showing up in my dropbox account (guess that´s why I had the problem in the first place as well, see my first post in this discussion)
    best
    – R

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Reinhard,

There are two problems here – firstly, whatever the Dropbox problem is, and secondly UpdraftPlus not printing out the error message correctly!

I have a feeling that I corrected the second problem in the present development version. I am emailing that to you. Please de-install UpdraftPlus Backups and re-install using the emailed version. (Leave UpdraftPlus Addons alone).

Also, you can try going into the ‘expert’ settings and pressing ‘Wipe Settings’ and trying again, in case the Dropbox error was just temporary.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Fine, I´ll come back to you in a bit.
    Thanks again!!!

Reinisteini
    Participant

Ok. I installed the new version.
    Tried to connect to Dropbox – same “Array” message as before.

When I try to “Wipe Settings” it gives me this error message:
    Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in /home/.sites/122/site1388/web/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/multisite.php on line 40

Shall I mail you log in details so you can play around with that directly on the site?
    best
    – R

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – please do! Sorry about this – this is not a typical experience!

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey David!
    Thanks for helping me out.
    I now try to migrate my site to a free domain I created for this purpose.
    There it´s giving me this line right in the Dashboard right below the toolbar of WP:
    Creating default object from empty value in /users/rsteiner/www/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/multisite.php on line 125

??
    Thanks
    – R

Reinisteini
    Participant

And I cannot activate Updraft Addons, I get those error messages:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /users/rsteiner/www/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/multisite.php on line 125

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /users/rsteiner/www/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/multisite.php:125) in /users/rsteiner/www/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /users/rsteiner/www/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/multisite.php:125) in /users/rsteiner/www/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Reinisteini
    Participant

Here are shortcuts for better understanding:
    15518064rr.jpg

15518065qm.jpg

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Reinhard,

Sorry about that – some debugging output is preventing the activation. I have now fixed your site (the one you sent login details for) so that UpdraftPlus does not make that output. Or was it a different site? If it was a different site, then deactivate/deinstall UpdraftPlus and then re-install.

You can also in future turn off debugging in WordPress/UpdraftPlus, to prevent those messages.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey!
    This is happening on rsteiner.bplaced.net – the site that I wanted to test migrator with. Sorry if I didn´t make that clear enough in the first place.
    I will try uploading again (using the files you sent me per mail, right?)
    Will come back to you in a bit.
    best
    – R

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Reinhard,

I’m not sure which version I emailed you – but it would be best to use the latest version, which I’ve just emailed you a minute ago.

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey!
    I deinstalled everything, reinstalled it – no change
    The Debug-Mode is already switched off in WordPress/UpdraftPlus
    best
    – R

udadmin
    Keymaster

Argh – sorry. The version I sent you didn’t have the issue corrected. I have emailed you another!

There are three places that can cause debug messages to be printed:
    1) The UD debug setting
    2) WordPress’s WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_SCREEN settings
    3) Your PHP setup

One of those is currently on – because if they were all off then no debug messages would be visible! The web hosting company will be able to advise about 3).

David

Reinisteini
    Participant

Hey!
    No worries :)
    Thanks – it´s working now.

I´m currently downloading one of the backups I did on reinhard-steiner.at/photography(1), so to try and migrate it to rsteiner.bplaced.net(2).
    I wanted to do another backup manually on site (1), but it gave me this code:

Abort this run: the backup_time parameter appears to be empty (this is usually caused by resuming an already-complete backup, or by your site having a faulty object cache active (e.g. W3 Total Cache’s object cache)) (Aug 26 10:24:54)

Should I just try again in a few hours, or do I have to do something about this?
    Thanks for your great help, I´m really sorry to keep you so busy all the time …
    best
    – R

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘General Issues (Installation, Support Number, Backup)’ is closed to new replies.