Migrate Site Connection timed out

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrate Site Connection timed out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I’m attempting to use Migrator, but I get the following error when trying to send from my source site:

Testing connection…
    Unexpected response: Error: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds (http_request_failed). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, does not have security modules that may be blocking access, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Could you send us a copy of the backup log for the migration? This can be found in the Existing Backups tab on the source site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Pastebin or Dropbox, and post the link here. You can also set your reply to ‘private’ if you prefer.

Could you (or your hosts/server admin) also check that the connection to the remote site was not blocked by a firewall?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Patrick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Patrick
    Participant

GoDaddy advises they do not firewall.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Patrick,

The log that you sent appears to be for a normal backup to Google Drive.
    Is the log for the migration backup available?

However, as the backups themselves appear to be completing, I would recommend using one of the alternative transfer methods to move the backup files to the new site,as shown in Step 3 of the migration guide:
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Best Wishes,
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate Site Connection timed out’ is closed to new replies.