Migration didn't work

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    arubysteinert
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to migrate a site to a new site. So I performed a full back up on the original site, downloaded it on my PC and uploaded all the files on the new site location via drag and drop. Then I clicked restore, activated all the checkboxes and also confirmed that it is a migration. Then migration started and everything looked ok but at a certain point it just stopped and nothing happened although I waited for hours.

I did it like described in your instruction: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/
    I tried option 2 and 4 many times always with the same bad result. I also reduced the backup archive split size on my source site with the same result.

So I never ever got any error message neither in the backup process nor in the migration process. So everything looked well, but it always stopped the migration process on different points without any message or hint…
    So now I checked the Log-Data:

Warning: Use of undefined constant minor – assumed ‘minor’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /mnt/web418/a1/19/59439219/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-config.php on line 94 Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web418/a1/19/59439219/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-config.php:94) in /mnt/web418/a1/19/59439219/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1251 Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web418/a1/19/59439219/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-config.php:94) in /mnt/web418/a1/19/59439219/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1254

What does it mean? Why is it not working properly?

Both sites using WordPress 5.2.1

Thanks for your help.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

arubysteinert
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It appears that the migration process is timed out or killed off. This is usually due to server resources reaching its limits.

Please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Regards,
    Bryle

arubysteinert
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Looking back at the log, the migration was killed off partway leaving the plugins in a broken state.

I would recommend the following:

– Re-install a fresh version of WordPress, so that the site is a default installation (Or deactivate all plugins and switch to a default theme)
    – Install UpdraftPlus
    – Restore the backup section by section. Make sure that the database backup is the last thing to be restored.
    – Restore the database (make sure seach and replace database is selected).

This will both give each section the maximum amount of resources to be restored, and should prevent any race-conditions or conflicts from other plugins/themes.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration didn't work’ is closed to new replies.