Migration of multisites: Change Sub-URL

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration of multisites: Change Sub-URL

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by jk-wordpress.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jk-wordpress
    Participant

Hello,

I have moved my site from xy-home.de to xx-hp.de. I have set up my xy-home.de page as a subdomain: media.xy-home.de (and others).

Now I have restored the backup but I still have the old URL address. But of course these should now be adjusted to the new address (e.g. media. xx-hp.de). Where can I change the address of the subdomain or is this possible at all?

jk-wordpress
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It appears that you have not selected the search and replace database option during migration. UpdraftPlus should be able to do this automatically during migration.

For me to confirm that, can you send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file and copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

jk-wordpress
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

Mea culpa, you’re right. I want to make a quick migration and I don’t see the possibility to select migrition option.

I will try this on eastern, if I have a little bit time for it.

I will give you an answer later of my results.

Before I have a further question: Is it possible to change multisite structure from directory to subdomain?

Thanks for your answr in advance.

Finally It is a very good addon and also suppoet is very good.

Kind regards

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“Before I have a further question: Is it possible to change multisite structure from directory to subdomain?”
    > If I understand correctly, you just want to move the multisite to a subdomain correct? If so, then yes you can migrate the entire multisite. Just make sure you set up the new location as a multisite.

Thanks,
    Bryle

jk-wordpress
    Participant

You understand it correctly. I want to change my wp-installation from directory (f.e. example.com/site1)to subdomain (f.e. site1.example.com).
    My backup data has been created as subdirectories. Now I want to switch to a new host and change to subdomains. Can this be done via updraft?

Thanks for the answer in advance
    Jo

Btw, the link on your site https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/ in first note (titeld with “you would have taken special steps in setting it up”) doesn’t work.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, UpdraftPlus should be able to help with the multisite migration to a different location/URL. You can follow our step by step migration guide and if you are stuck, let us know at which step and the error you are getting.

Thanks,
    Bryle

jk-wordpress
    Participant

Hi,
    now I am a bit further: my site is migrated and working (jk-home.de). Thanks a lot.
    But what didn’t work is the change from subdirectory to subdomain.
    I try to migrate my old homepage from
    example1.de/media/
    example1.com/btb/
    example1.com/video/
    to
    media.example2.de
    btb.example2.de
    video.example2.de
    rebuild over the backup.
    My attempt:
    1. backup from old site made with example1/…/.
    2. made new WP installation under example2.
    3. created multisite “subdomain
    4. backup imported.

Result: example2/media/ etc.

Is there any way to migrate the backup from subdirectory to subdomain?

Thanks for your help.
    Best regards
    Jo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration of multisites: Change Sub-URL’ is closed to new replies.