Migration stalls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tone
    Participant

I have lots of experience migrating using this add-on but this one failed.

I attempted to migrate between two GoDaddy shared accounts with different domain names. I correctly used the key generated on the new site to migrate the existing site. During the backup phase, the migration stalled. I waited five hours for resumption. I tried a few times and finally gave up. In fact, I received a security message pop up both sites. I then logged out, in and tried to use the key again. That didn’t work so I deleted and tried a new key. The new site won’t respond to the “Send” button after inserting the new key using the “Add Site” button. There’s no error message, it just sits there.

Could I download the small files (under 80MB cumulatively) and upload to the updraft folder on the new/empty site?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the backup log for the attempted restoration? This can be found in the Existing Backups tab of the new site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Depending one where the backup stalls, you can also try one of the alternative transfer methods to move the backup files to the new site, as shown in Step 3 of the following guide:
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration stalls’ is closed to new replies.