Remove existing "sent to sites" – different keys

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Remove existing "sent to sites" – different keys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wim
    Participant

Is it possible to cleanup items in te list of “Sent backup to an another website”?

I’ve created a new key on the “another website”, and now I’m getting an error on the ” first website” that it can’t connect because of different keys.

Adding the new key of the “another website” does not work, it doesn’t overwrite the old key.

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Adding the new key of the “another website” does not work, it doesn’t overwrite the old key.

It should do. What happens when you try to add the new key? Are you seeing an error message?

David

Wim
    Participant

No error at all. URL is not updated too (changed from http to https)

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Could you try testing adding the new key with your browser’s developer tools open? To do this:

• In your browser, open your Developer Tools (instructions on how to do this for each major browser can be found here)
    • Open the ‘Console’ tab if it is not already open
    • Reload the page and attempt to add the key

Do any errors appear in the Developer console?

Best Wishes,
    David N

adam19
    Participant

Hello, I have a similar issue. The “Send to Site” dropdown has a bunch of entries that I would like to remove, how do I do this?

Also, the keys stop working after a few months, and I have to create a new one to migrate. Is this deliberate?

Finally, is there a way to use a pseudonym in this forum? It is unusual to have real names displayed when posting, and others seem to have a pseudonym used (e.g. see OP above).

Thanks!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Adam,

The forum name is taken from your account details. I’m afraid that there is not currently a way to manually set the display name. However, I have changed your public display name to an alternative through our backend.

I’m afraid that there is not currently a way to delete old sites from the migration list through the frontend. However, if you have access to the database, you can wipe the ‘updraft_remotesites’ option in the ‘wp_options’ table. This feature is in our development list.

The keys should not have a time-limit. However, changes to the receiving site, or certain updates to UpdraftPlus may make the keys invalid.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Hartmut Wiehle
    Participant

I have the exact same problem (and no error log). I added a 2. URL/key and now nothing is happening when i press the “send” button.
    Can’t find the “updraft_remotesites” in the options table, did this option change? Or is there another solution for this problem?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove existing "sent to sites" – different keys’ is closed to new replies.