Restore error, site down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

I tried to restore a backup but got an 400 error. I manually uploaded the files that I downloaded from Dropbox and did a rescan. It started the restore process and got through the DB but when it got to the plugins, I got an error stating it was a zip file corruption. It didn’t do the theme or the other files. The screen said to return to dashboard so I did that but I got kicked out. Once I was kicked out, I could no longer login as it gave a me a permission error. I checked the files that I downloaded from Dropbox and they said it was corrupt – plugins and themes files. Although with a Zip file, I was able to get the themes file unzipped to get to it.

I went through the process of changing the plugin folder to a different name and changed the theme folder name. Once I did that, I was able to login back in through wp-login.php. Once logged in, I have no dashboard and the admin bar at the top, it is like a basic one with the site name and logout option. I went through the DB and added a new admin user. Same thing. I got a fresh WP install and did the includes and admin folders. I created a new .htaccess file, and wp-config file. Deleted any traces of Wordfence (files and database) and W3 Total Cache – still no luck. I tried to force it to use the default theme but it never switches. I had to change it in the DB to get it to show but the same issue happens where I don’t have a dashboard. I have the debug on but nothing shows up.

The website is showing but it is all messed up and only the blog pages is showing but nothing else. None of the styles are there or pictures. I can’t get to the dashboard to even put up a maintenance page. I deleted my cookies, cleared my cache, cleared DNS, tried several different browsers and all ends up the same.

Please help!!! I need to get this site back up ASAP! The site is drdrai.com. Thank you!

Michelle
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Michelle
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Michelle,

The log shows a PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT(-10) error, which indicates that the backup zip files (plugins and uploads zip) are corrupt. It seems that the backup was created successfully so the corruption has most likely occurred during download or upload.

You will need to download a fresh copy of the backup files and run migration process again.
    Further information can be found in this guide (https://updraftplus.com/faqs/error-message-pclzip_err_bad_format-10-mean/).

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Michelle
    Participant

I have already done all of that and they are still corrupt. There is a glitch somewhere because after the first restore it kicked me out and can no longer sign back in as an admin. I HAVE to have this website up ASAP. Is there any way for someone to login and help me further. My client is in a major uproar about this. I was logged in fine until your plugin kicked me out!

Michelle
    Participant

As I said before, I do not even have an admin dashboard to even get to the backend of the site! Once your plugin kicked me out, I can no longer login as an admin. I get a Sorry you don’t have permissions. I have double checked my permissions but something happened when after the plugin said to “click here to go back” and I did then it kicked me out.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

When the database is restored, the admin credentials are reset to those at the time of the backup. If the admin credentials have changed at any point, could you try using the older credentials?

Are you able to manually unzip the plugins backup file on your local machine?
    If not, and there is a second backup available, I would recommend wiping the site and restoring again with this other backup set.

If you are able to unzip the files that show as corrupt, wipe the site still, install UpdraftPlus again, but upload the backup files to the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory via FTP.
    Then, in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab, click ‘re-scan local storage’. You should be able to restore the backups.

We offer hands-on support packages: https://updraftplus.com/shop/get-support/
    If you need us to restore the site for you, you will need to purchase a support package and open a support ticket though the following form:
    https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore error, site down’ is closed to new replies.