Site wont migrate – 21 errors

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to migrate my site to a new provider (www.chumwebs.com)

It takes forever and wont complete and comes up with errors – 21 of them.

I read an earlier thread and just migrated my theme + database, which was ok, but then when I ftp’d my uploads & plugins (massive folders) the site is not working as it should.

No idea what to do next please help

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

Please can you post a link to the migration log file? You can find this in the folder wp-content/updraft on the destination web site.

Many thanks,
    David

Phil
    Participant

Hi David, I dont quite understand what you mean, do you mean going into the folder via FTP? if so how do i post a link to it??

Please be more specific thanks

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Phil,

You will need to download the log file from that directory via FTP. You can then use a file sharing or pasting service (such as Dropbox or pastebin) to share the file

Best Wishes,
    David N

Phil
    Participant

Hi David, I actually reset the site to blank last night, after messaging you.

I just tried again to migrate my working site over to it and now I get this message

“Unexpected response: Error: Empty response from remote site (empty_response). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, does not have security modules that may be blocking access, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.”

make any sense?

cheers
    Phil

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

If the direct “site to site” method of sending the backup set to the destination site is being blocked, then, you should upload the backup set to the destination site using one of the other 3 available methods. Please see step 3 onwards of the migration guide, here: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Regards,
    David

Phil
    Participant

Hi David, close this off, I re-installed the theme and it fixed it.
    Apologies, I should have done that before I came on here – bit like forgetting to switch your PC off & back on again in the old days :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Site wont migrate – 21 errors’ is closed to new replies.