Staging Site Migration

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dee Nutbourne.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webmaster301
    Participant

In the following thread “David” mentions that the Migrator tool can be used to migrate a staging site back to the live site. Would you have a link that steps the user through the process?

Staging Site Migration

Thank you,
    Jim MacDiarmid
    Historic Gordonsville, Inc.
    The Exchange Hotel Civil War Medical Museum

mike165
    Participant

There’s a lot of great YouTube videos with Step-By-Step instructions, depending on which method you want to use.

Check this one out:

In case the forum doesn’t allow for URLs
    youtube[DOT]/watch?v=JKuYC_0N8zo

mike165
    Participant

Depending on bandwidth and other variables your hosting site allows, I would probably suggest that you just:
    1. Use UpdraftPlus to back up your source site (The site you are moving) then
    2. Download the backups (Database, Themes, Plugins, Uploads & Others) to your workstation.
    3. “IMPORT” the backups from your workstation into the destination site (The site you are migrating to.)
    4. After the backups import successfully, refresh to see them if necessary them just select “Restore” and follow the instructions from there.

I am just a customer of the product so DO check out the YouTube videos, which is what I did.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

In addition to the videos, we also have a step-by-step guide for migrating, with several different transfer methods explained:
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Staging Site Migration’ is closed to new replies.