The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin em

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin em

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ranken
    Participant

I just started a Clone yesterday. I had a plugin vendor go in to work on a problem. He disabled some plugins and got the following error.
    The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. I did not get an email that WordPress now sends to enable disaster recovery. Is there anyway to get back into the site or should I delete the clone since it is dead?

hmane

Hi,

Can you please share the link of your cloned site? Also the order number so that we can check the cloned site?

Thanks,
    Harshad

udadmin
    Keymaster

This error message is the one produced by WordPress itself if a developer does something to introduce a fatal error – i.e. it’s coming from WP, not from the underlying UpdraftClone platform. Presumably he disabled an essential plugin for the site (e.g. one required by the theme), or something like that.

Clones come with full SSH, SFTP and MySQL administration access (i.e. anything a site developer might want/need to deal with problems), so he’ll want to use those tools in order to debug the problem.

In general, UpdraftClone support doesn’t include general guidance in solving “everyday” WordPress problems (it isn’t priced to fund time for one-on-one WP help of that sort); for that, if your developer is stuck, there are “hands-on” support packages available – https://updraftplus.com/shop/get-support/. We are fully available if there is a problem at the platform level itself, but this sounds very much like a WP-level problem that the developer has introduced and can look at himself. Here’s a helpful guide to help walk through possibilities for that particular error: https://wpfixit.com/wordpress-error-the-site-is-experiencing-technical-difficulties/

David

ranken
    Participant

I deleted the clone because I did not want another token to be used to keep it operational when it wasn’t.
    However I see that a token was charged. I had 3. One to create the clone but that wasn’t completed till after 9PM CT on Wednesday evening.
    I deleted the clone around 7PM yesterday to keep if from using another token since it wasn’t working and figured I’d generate another clone and use my last remaining token to keep that up for a week.

So the problem was that I did not get the email that WordPress sends when the site is having an error. That would probably be on me since I had not setup the email functionality before allowing a plugin vendor to start working on it. I opened the ticket to see if there was a way the Updraft had another option other than to delete and start from scratch but since it was coming to the time of another token being used I decided it would be best to delete and still have two tokens.

But I did delete before it had been operational for 24 hours. If I recall it listed that the 24 hour period would be reached at 22h hundred hours and something which would be 10PM CT.

Is the time shown not based on my local time?

Is there anyway I can get my token that I suppose was used or is a token used in deleting a clone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin em’ is closed to new replies.