updraft hangs at uploading files

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin updraft hangs at uploading files

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 43 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ryan.
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Use the support form at https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Please also do define the constant mentioned.

cPanel may be subject to different firewall rules. If there are rules on the server, then they may depend on the user ID of the running process. You’d need to use a different WP plugin that contacts S3 to narrow down the possibilities. Setting the define would do, as that switches UD’s S3 engine.

David

Ryan
    Participant

what is the best way to dump the strace output to a file?

udadmin
    Keymaster

strace -s 256 php some-file.php 2>&1 >/tmp/strace-output.txt

Ryan
    Participant

that creates a file that has the same content as the log but the strace output is still dumped to the console.
    My console doesn’t have enough history to go back and select it all.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Did you include the “2>&1” exactly as above? (2 greater-than amphersand 1 without spaces). That will ensure that the strace output goes there too.

Ryan
    Participant

yes. I just copied and pasted that command and then edited the filename in place to make sure.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Try this instead:

strace -s 256 -o /tmp/strace-output.txt php some-file.php >/tmp/updraftplus-output.txt

That should give you two separate output files – one for strace, one for UD. (I’d like to see both).

Ryan
    Participant

I sent those logs in the paid support request.

I also just had the hosting provider shut off the firewall completely and try to run updraft. It stuck at the same spot on uploading to S3 and the S3 test button still hangs.

I am going to try installing UD on another account on this server and see if it works there.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Have you defined the constant I mentioned in your wp-config.php?

David

Ryan
    Participant

yes, its at the top of wp-config

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

The strace output indicates that it’s not defined. Where did you put it, exactly – can you post a screenshot? (e.g. https://snag.gy). Define it at the top of the PHP script you’re running as well.

David

Ryan
    Participant

found the problem when i opened the file in vi.
    You must be using a different character set than me, the quotes were invalid.

it just completed successfully with that code fixed.
    Do you want the logs from this run?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

The forum software pretty-prints quotation marks.

If it successfully completed, then stick with that. There’s nothing wrong with the alternative S3 library in itself – it won’t work if you want to upload data to the China S3 region, but if you’re using the US you’ll be fine!

I wish I’d suggested that solution rather earlier – though I was intrigued to find out the error, which we haven’t. But at present it’s a single report (of approx. 40,000 sites using UD on S3), so my suspicion is that it’s something very localised to your setup and I think it’d be best to leave it there now that it’s working.

Best wishes,
    David

Ryan
    Participant

Thank you for all your help.
    It is a strange issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘updraft hangs at uploading files’ is closed to new replies.