using Migrator, warning that db-backup is missing core WP-tables

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin using Migrator, warning that db-backup is missing core WP-tables

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hello,

Just bouth a Migrator extension to ease to process of moving sites between domains. However, when I am to restore the database-part of the backup and tick the “Search and replace…” function, I get a warning saying that:

“This database backup is missing core WordPress tables: terms, term_taxonomy, term_relationships”.

I can stille restore, but I’m not sure what this means and what consequences it will have, if I carry out the restoration.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/Alex

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

At least one of those tables has existed in WP since 2.5 – so, either something is wrong with the source site, or with the backup. If you inspect the source site’s database (using whatever tool your web hosting gives you – e.g. phpMyAdmin), do these tables exist in your database?

David

Alex
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip. I inspected the database of the source site. The tables were there, so that checks out. I found the source of the problem elsewhere.

Until recently, I used DropBox Backup and Restore to backup the site. This has apparently triggered a number of zip-problems for Updraft Plus, when backing up the source site. I deleted this plugin and all the backups in it (they were obsolete, anyway), and made a new set of backup files with Updraft. This solved the problem when restoring on the new site.

I must say, I find Updraft Plus far more reliable than DropBox Backup and Restore. The key to it is, that backup files can be downloaded, and the backup files created are easy to manage. Plus, as I know now, moving sites is a peace of cake. Thanks, keep it up. :-)

/Alex

Alex
    Participant

In addition, I also found out, that moving a site from a subdomain to a primary domain can cause a hassle with in-operational plugins and unreadable mediafiles after restoration.

It’s fairly easy to fix the first part, since plugin folders can just be removed by FTP and the plugins re-downloaded and installed. Didn’t need to resolve the media-issue, though, since I was lucky enough to have another backup from a primary domain, that went through without a hitch.

Any ideas on why random media files can’t be read, after moving a site from a subdomain to a primary domain?

/Alex

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Alex,

Are the media files that can’t be read added to WordPress or displayed on a page through a plugin or widget? Some plugins encode the URLs of the images, which means the search/replace operation does not catch them.

Could you open the developer tools in your browser (instructions here), and check the error messages that will be generated by the unreadable files? Where is the site attempting to load them from?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘using Migrator, warning that db-backup is missing core WP-tables’ is closed to new replies.