Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    louis.deschenes
    Participant

Hmane,

I did all that you ask about 2 weeks ago.
    Please stop telling these “solutions” to everyboby.
    I repeat myself:

This is a “real problem” with the PLUGIN (not with size of file chunk, not with the hosting providers, not with GoogleDrive, not with Dropbox, not with …). There are many of us reporting the same error both in this forum and WordPress forum. This is not an individual problem.

This has been going on now for more than 2 weeks.
    It is time that YOU GET THE DEVELOPERS INVOLVED.

Hope you fix that soon!

hmane

Hi guys,

Could you send me a copy of your server’s PHP Error log?
    You can find this log through your web hosting control panel (typically cPanel). If you are unsure where to find the PHP Error log, you can ask your hosts to provide it.

Best Wishes,
    Harshad

Cornelie
    Participant

Sorry, it is christmas time now and my “technical assistant” is at the christmas party
    we will do that later

Cheers, COnnie

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Here are 2 lines of my PHP errors related to this problem.
    This coincide with the dates I started having the problem.

[09-Dec-2019 21:52:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error (Error) has occurred during backup uploads to the googledrive. Error Message: Call to undefined method Google_Http_Request::getQuotaBytesTotal() (Code: 0, line 614 in /home2/lelaurie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/methods/googledrive.php)
    [11-Dec-2019 06:21:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error (Error) has occurred during backup uploads to the googledrive. Error Message: Call to undefined method Google_Http_Request::getQuotaBytesTotal() (Code: 0, line 614 in /home2/lelaurie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/methods/googledrive.php)

Hope this help you fix the problem.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you get the same issue when using other remote storage such as Dropbox, OneDrive or others?

Please could you ask your hosts to check the logs for any firewall or other security module on the server?

Thanks,
    Bryle

chrisghill
    Participant

For me it is mostly Google Drive. I had some issues with Backblaze, but those were separate from this one.

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Bryle,

Yes, when I had the problem with GoogleDrive (lonnnnnnnnng backup), I did try with Dropbox and I had the exact same problem.
    I do not have any entry in error log for Dropbox.

It is not necessary to check with my hosts the logs for any firewall or other security module as this is a problem reported here and on WordPress forum to happen on many different hosts. The backup work fine for me until dec 9 on Bluehost and this is the time other people started reporteing the exact same problem on other host as well.

hmane

Hi Guys,

We will check this issue with our development team, and update you soon on this.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Regards,
    Harshad

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Harshad,

Thank you for escalating to the developers.

As I said back on dec 10, Please have them check what changes they made in relation with the new support for Linode Cloud Storage.
    That was implemented on dec 6 and we started having problems around that time.

UpdraftPlus support for Linode Object Storage

Confident that this will be fix soon!

Cornelie
    Participant

Just some new 5 cents:

I had the idea to go back one step and r-install the second last version, which I can call the “last functioning versio”
    Unfortunately I could not find any download for that version here as I updated directly without downloading the fils , so I ask for a link to that version!

I saved my settings (the json-file)
    uninstalled UpdraftPlus Pro
    installed the last version which I could find on my hard disk, Version 2.16.11.0
    and got warnings that this version was not tested with the actual WP

I imported the json-settings-file and started a backup
    it took a long time, lasted for hours, but at the end: The backup finished and is complete

So I ask here for a link for the second-last-version that people who are in need could re-install that version and go along!
    ===========================================================================================================================

JanSkinnerup
    Participant

For what it’s worth – I’ve had a similar problem with a backup that has been running for at long time that suddently stopped working. Same issue. It would just “die” in the middle of upload (in this case to OneDrive). No errors or indications as to what was wrong.

When I checked WordPress Health under “Tools” in WordPress itself it showed problems with loopback connection not being enabled and REST api failing.

After a lot of testing back and forth it turned out to be the iThemes Security plugin that I’m also using. Disabling the iThemes Security plugin and re-runing the WordPress Health check the erros would go away and the backup ran fine.

I deleted the iThemes Security plugin and reinstalled it, enabling all the settings again. Everything seems to be fine now :-)

So if you are using the iThemes Scurity plugin it might be worth checking this out.

Cornelie
    Participant

I am waiting for a solution for weeks now.
    The problem started weeks ago and your clients informed you hundred of times I estimate

All problems started with the last update.

I uninstalled that update and re-installed an older version, the only version which I had on my hard disk
    That version works! But gives warnings about non-tested compatibility…

I am not sending the backup to any remote server, this is not the only reason for problems

1)
    Please tell me where to download the second-last update because that was errorfree!
    I am getting warnings all the time because the version which is installed now is 2.16.11.0 and that is “old”

2)
    I wonder why it takes so long to include the developers and get them check the problem???
    We paid for the version not for an automated support desk asking us to upload the error logs hundred of times…

Will you start to take us customers with our problem serious????

I am so annoyed by this bad service and support, I have nearly now words

Bryle Crodua

Hi Cornelie,

My apologies.

Please can you send us login to your website so we can check first hand. Please send it to us using this form – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Thanks,
    Bryle

louis.deschenes
    Participant

On december 24, Harshad said “We will check this issue with our development team, and update you soon on this. Thank you for your time and patience.”

That was 2 weeks ago… and we are encountering this problem since December 9 !!!

WORSE SUPPORT EVER FOR A PAID SERVICE!

We have been more than patient… Are you going to get the developer this fix ???

Cornelie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup taking to much time and even not terminating’ is closed to new replies.