Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Connie,

Our sincere apologies again for the slow reply to your support request.

I have downloaded the logs that you sent us. From the logs log.c2d95773df0d.txt, log.a65cc1a8a307.txt and log.6e98f972b72a.txt.

It shows that the backup has timed out or the process got killed off from the server. The split archive size is also quite big. It could be the cause of why the backup could not complete. Can you try to reduce the split archive size? Try 100Mb and try running a test backup.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi @louis.deschenes,

Please can you send us a new backup log? The last log that you sent was still using 2.16.20.x version.

Apologies for the late response.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Cornelie
    Participant

Bryle,

as I wrote in another post, I cannot reproduce the situation because after intensive cleaning (deinstallung UpdraftPlus, checking the database, clearing all caches, installing UpdraftPlus anew without importing options from another installation) the backup is running now

yes, my backups are quite big, 3.1 GB
    but I can’t imagine to split such a big backup into 100mb slices, this would result in >30 backup files…
    how to recover a single file from such a bunch of files ;?=

Well, as I wrote the actual version is running now, I think either because of cleaning or because of not-importing options…

Cheers, Connie

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Bryle,

THE FACTS:
    You are right my log is dated Dec. 9 and using version 2.16.20.24 THIS IS FFEW DAYS AFTER WE STARTED HAVING THE PROBLEM… A MONTH AGO !
    On Dec. 10, I upgraded to version 2.16.21.24
    On Dec. 11, I did posted :”I upgraded to version 2.16.21.24 and still same problem : backup takes 5 hours instead of 5-10 minutes.”
    On Dec. 17, I answered back to yourself: “Yes, I did tested with the latest version 2.16.21.24 (and tested again just now) and I am still having same problem.”
    On Dec. 20, Since I could not get that bug fix I stop using GoogleDrive to backup and have not using it since

SINCE YOU ASK AGAIN THE SAME QUESTION I DECIDED TO GIVE A NEW TRY TO GOOGLE DRIVE :
    Surprise! I just ran a SUCCESSFUL backup with GoogleDrive (So no point of sending a new log)
    Looks like the problem is resolved… MAGICALLY.
    That must be the same for Cornelie.
    So nothing to do with the plugin version ! I did not reinstall
    Nothing to do with the splitting in slices also !
    Some one in your developer team must have fix something (not the plugin)
    AND YOU GUY COULD NOT ADVICE US THAT IT WAS FIX!

——— YOU MIGHT HAVE THE BEST BACKUP PLUGIN BUT YOUR SUPPORT IS THE WORSE I EVER SAW ! ———–

You can close this tread.

Bryle Crodua

Hi @louis.deschenes,

I’m glad that the issue is fixed now.

Regarding updating/fixing the bug. I’m afraid our developers have not released any new version of the plugin. That means no changes were made.
    For any changes/updates/fixes we made to our plugin we will always release it as a new version and write the changes done on our changelog (https://updraftplus.com/changelog/).

Apologies if were not able to meet your expectations with our support.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Cornelie
    Participant

1)
    ok, but please do not ignore my demand:

will you please offer downloads of your program versions so that users who run into problems can “go back” and install the last-working version?

This is good and professional use, especially when you run into trouble like you did with the last update

2)
    you got some error logs from users and noted that the backup process stopped because of server time-outs or bad connections (I live in the country side and quite often we have very poor connections?

in that case a program should not stop with a meaningless error message or go into “endless cycles” but re-start again and continue plus showing an informative message
    by this a lot of trouble would have been omitted

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

1) At the moment, we do not offer downloads to the older version. If you need to have an older version of UpdraftPlus, you can send us a support request and we can provide it to you.

2) UpdraftPlus has been designed to be dependent on server resources too and not on connections. We have a FAQ here – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-much-resources-does-updraftplus-need/

It is also the server that stops the process. UpdraftPlus is designed to try and keep on repeating the process until it succeeds or gets timed out by your server.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Cornelie
    Participant

I have the same problem, newest version, backup never ends, and the log file is not really naming the problem:

I set max-execution time quite high:

” max_execution_time: 900 memory_limit: 1500M (used: 28.9M |”

This is the “tail” of the logfile. which is 172KB in size !!!

2769.371 (9) Backup run: resumption=9, nonce=a65cc1a8a307, file_nonce=a65cc1a8a307 begun at=1576946777 (2769s ago), job type=backup
    2769.372 (9) The current run is resumption number 9, and there was nothing useful done on the last run (last useful run: 7) – will not schedule a further attempt until we see something useful happening this time
    2769.373 (9) Scheduling a resumption (10) after 300 seconds (1576949846); but the job will then be aborted unless something happens this time
    3080.418 (10) Opened log file at time: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 17:37:37 +0000 on https://www…. .de
    3080.418 (10) UpdraftPlus WordPress backup plugin (https://updraftplus.com): 2.16.21.24 WP: 5.3.2 PHP: 7.0.33-0+deb9u6 (cgi-fcgi, Linux portachtzigachtzig.de 4.9.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3+deb9u2 (2018-08-13) x86_64) MySQL: 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 WPLANG: de_DE Server: Apache safe_mode: 0 max_execution_time: 900 memory_limit: 1500M (used: 28.9M | 2M) multisite: N openssl: OpenSSL 1.1.0l 10 Sep 2019 mcrypt: Y LANG: ZipArchive::addFile: Y
    3080.419 (10) Free space on disk containing Updraft’s temporary directory: 186878.1 MB
    3080.420 (10) Backup run: resumption=10, nonce=a65cc1a8a307, file_nonce=a65cc1a8a307 begun at=1576946777 (3080s ago), job type=backup
    3080.420 (10) [Updraftplus] The backup is being aborted for a repeated failure to progress.
    3080.421 (10) An error condition has occurred for the first time during this job
    3080.422 (10) Sending email (‘Dateien und Datenbank (Volle Sicherung)’) report (attachments: 1, size: 169.2 KB) to: cmg@w…
    3080.435 (10) Der Sicherungsversuch ist beendet, anscheinend nicht erfolgreich

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup taking to much time and even not terminating’ is closed to new replies.