PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi,

This seems to be a bug in the most recent release of UpdraftPlus.

Tried several sites over 2 hosting companies and tried backing up and restoring in different ways including downloading the backups and restoring them as well as scanning remote storage and trying to restore them this way.

Here is a log link – https://www.wdmhforum.org.uk/wp-admin/options-general.php?action=downloadlog&page=updraftplus&updraftplus_backup_nonce=8565ae18dd7e

Uploads

Unpacking backup… (backup_2016-12-06-1459_West_Dunbartonshire_Mental_Heath_6ee1163e4713-uploads.zip, 6.6 Mb)

Warning: unpack(): Type V: not enough input, need 4, have 0 in /home/victor09/public_html/wdmhforum.org.uk/wp-admin/includes/class-pclzip.php on line 4384
    Error message: The package could not be installed.
    Error data: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure
    Please consult this FAQ for help on what to do about it.
    Restore failed…

Array ( [level] => warning [message] => Error data: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure )

Please advise a solution. Can’t migrate a client live.

Adam
    Participant

To prove a point, downgraded both the source site and target site to 2.12.18 and worked flawlessly as usual.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Adam,

Please could you resend the log? The link that you sent requires logging in to the site.
    You can use an online service such as Pastebin to upload the content and post the link here.

Could you send both the restoration log and the original backup log if possible?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Jeremy
    Participant

What was determined of this??? I am having the same issue…

I am trying to migrate to a new site and I get the error:
    Error data: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure )

I read the article and it talks about bad zip files… so I checked them… In EVERY backup since December, my uploads (which is a multipart upload, ir upload, upload2, upload3, etc) is saying that it is corrupt and will not open, even in Windows…

I would be curious to know if others that have this issue also have files that are multipart… (not there were 3 times that my single plugin file was also coroupt and wouldnt open in Windows.

Thanks

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Jeremy,

Please could you send us a copy of some of the latest backup logs where the files have been corrupted?
    You can find these logs in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab, or the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the site via FTP.

The contents will be too long to post here, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the links here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Jo Amos
    Participant

Just searched to see if anyone else is having an issue, I have been using the migrate feature for months with no issue. And today just had a second fail on a site. Both site I have had failes for same error code and when checking the files manually they are fine.

I fear this latest update is the issue.

I have raised support tickets for these and told to do the restores manually. Which isn’t really the point.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Jo,

I have seen your latest support request, and will look over it asap.
    I will also look into your previous support request.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Wishes
    David N

Arbel
    Participant

I am having the same issue.

What is the resolution?

-arbel

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Arbel,

This error indicates that the backup files were corrupted at some point in the backup process.

Please could you send us a copy of the original backup log for the backup set that is corrupted?
    This will help us to determine where the corruption is taking place.

You can find the log in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab. The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Pastebin or Dropbox, and post the links here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

ICV
    Participant

Im having this issue as well. I have done this before with no issues a few months back being the most recent..

ICV
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi James,

The log that you sent is of the database only with no remote storage set, and does not appear to contain any errors.
    Is there another log available with the full backup?

Best Wishes,
    David N

ICV
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi James,

It appears the issue may be caused by problems with the upload chunk size not being accepted by the receiving site.

Please could you add the following line to your wp-config.php file, and try again:
    define('UPDRAFTPLUS_UPLOAD_CHUNKSIZE', 262144);

Best Wishes,
    David N

ICV
    Participant

Hi-
    I tried this.
    What is happening is that the migration completes. But the new site is incomplete. Images are all missing.
    I tried this:
    Updated wp_config as you requested.
    Started Migration again.
    Same result

I am now getting:
    Unexpected response: One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired.

I am going to delete wordpress install and the DB… and try again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure’ is closed to new replies.